Saturday 25 April 2015

Erin Darcy Designs

Erin Darcy Designs 

Isn't there something very cool about that name? She should be in a novel or something! Erin is a "Starving Artist" somewhere in Galway -you can read about her life and work on her blog here. We *met* on EBI back in 2012 when the bubble first began to grow and we are yet to meet in real life. She's part of my village. Part of my bubble. I'm a little star struck and in awe tbh. I think of her often and hope life is as magical as it should be for her.
She said it was me!
At some point Erin painted this lovely picture of a lady wearing a sling and hanging cloth nappies on a line. She said it was me.

I find that very special and soul touching. It's hard to describe. There is something perfect about it. There is comfort in it's simplicity. I like to think she wasn't far off capturing the real me but on a busy day she got me all wrong. She missed the mayhem and the noise. But some days, some moments are just like that, nappies on a line, baby on my back. Serene. I treasure those moments. I cannot fathom how Erin Darcy captured them all the way from Galway. We've never met IRL! 


I really love that the Nappy Library has bought the right to use this image (at a generous non-profit rate), so I get to share this very special image for a very good cause. I'm so proud that this picture is me. It's me!! I'm that lovely and wonderful.....some days.....for a moment or two.

I think her work is generally very beautiful and though we have never met IRL I'm pretty sure she's an awesome person. She's American, you know, so I've had to work hard to read her words with some sort of an american accent (my default FB reading accent is somewhere on the Cork/Kerry county bounds). I'm pretty sure I've got it wrong though as the us is such a huge expanse with so many different accents -what are the chances of me imagining the right one. Dolly Parton or Boston cousins?

Anyway to cut a long story short, I'm very glad Erin is in Ireland. I secretly suspect she may be a real life fairy with real life gnome friends. She's perfect except perhaps for the feckin' cursing. We need a bit of that too I suppose! :P I've learned a lot from Erin and I look forward to meeting her some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment